4 Responses

  1. Edward Antrobus
    Edward Antrobus October 23, 2012 at 11:44 am | | Reply

    I don’t think what happens would warrent a civil suit, but if you are injured, then of course you should file a claim for it. There’s no reason why you should have to pay out of your own pocket for something somebody else did. I think that the insurance company did the right thing having an injury specialist contact you for two reasons:
    1) YOU are their customer, not the other guy. That means their job is to look out for your interests, not minimize the other guy’s expenses. Yes, there is a middle ground there that should be covered, but this is well within that area.
    2) The insurance company has much more experience with injured drivers than you do. I’ve been rear-ended before. Very similar cirumstances as you. I thought I was okay, but the next day I couldn’t even get myself out of bed. I’ve been in “worse” accidents than that, but that was definately my worst injury, and the only one I ever needed something more than ibuprofin and a heating pad. So it makes sense that the insurance company would believe that there might be more to your injury than you first suspect.

    VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)

Leave a Reply